Sunday, October 9, 2016

Getting Things Done, and I'm Stopping My Blog

While I was on vacation, I got an email from my solar power company  that my usage was not being registered on the system.  I said I was on vacation and when I'd be back.  They called Monday and they guided me through everything I needed to do.  They called on Tuesday and said it didn't work and she gave me different directions. Then they called me Wednesday to let me know it has been booted to a higher level person.   Someone will come in 3 weeks to see if they can reset it. 

I have a friend, Annemarie, whom I haven't seen in several months.  She called sharing her plan to move out of state to be near her son, his wife and a new granddaughter.  She is a psychologist who is burned out doing what she does.  She has put her home up for sale and has had two offers, but not to her liking.  She has already purchased a fixer upper where she is moving.   I had been so impressed with what she had done with her home here which was also a fixer upper, that I think she can do wonders with her new home.  So she is scared.  I think that is understandable, but she does have a plan and is willing to live off less.  Besides, she could come back and get another job here if it doesn't work out.   I have made very big moves not having a complete plan, and it has worked out.  I agree with making a move when you aren't liking what is going on.   She'll survive it and probably do very well!

Barbara, the one I went with on our road trip called to see whether I wanted to accompany her to buy winter plants for each of our vegetable gardens.  It was inexpensive. We split on a couple of the six packs and planned to return later this week to check out other plants that were brought in.  Another day, we went to see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  It was okay.  I preferred the book by far.

Barbara tallied the money spent on our trip which came out fairly even. We settled up and I was impressed at how close we were. 

We had our Red Hat dinner Wednesday night at Uricchio's.   Their food is quite good. There were six of us, much smaller group than usual.  Shelley could not be there. I think it is Shelley who has gotten us into taking pictures again.   I just plain forgot.  Our leader Evelyn works in a hospital, as supervisor of the pharmacy next door to the Emergency Room.    The staff were trying to save an officer shot in the face.   So staff were also dealing with a traumatic death at the hospital where she works.  We had been hearing about it since it happened on the news. I wasn't even thinking about Evelyn being there, since it was in Lancaster, but that is where she works.  Evelyn said there were about two hundred officers lining the hallway in which his body would be transported out.  It was very emotional for her, the staff and of course all the officers.  It's a long drive for Evelyn to come to our meetings, but she was particularly drained with this.  She will be retiring in early January.   

When I went for chemotherapy, my nurse said the coloring books and colored pencils are a real hit.  She said a young mother comes with her three year old and while the three year old is using her coloring book, mom is using hers. I really am glad it is helping people.  

Janet and I got together after not seeing her for three weeks. I picked up some owl themed items on my trip which I gave to her.  She gave me a cute box of Belgium chocolates made into little pumpkins. We shared a plate of chicken wings when I felt one of the veneers on a front tooth come off.   It wasn't painful.  I called the dentist and got in the next morning. Since it was close to the next dental appointment, I had a full visit.  After X-rays and checking my teeth, he found I had a cavity under the veneer next to where it had fallen off. So I had a temporary crown put on it and the veneer glued back. That was a costly visit! It is sensitive, because it is not completely sealed.  I look forward to the permanent one in two weeks. 

On the same day, I got my organic vegetables and fruits from Hopeful Harvest, plus wines from Fermentations and a box from Blue Apron which had three dinners for two.  One of my sisters is using it and had recommended it to me.  I went to Kaiser to pick up my prescriptions.  They had a sign up to get your flu shot, so I took care of that too.  When I finished that, I started fading fast.  I tried to keep going, but it wasn't in the cards. I crawled in bed to read before sleep overtook me. 

Shelley's a wonderful grandmother.  Bentley is getting lots of love!



Shelley with Grandson Bentley
I told you how Daisy empties my drawers. She did it while I was gone and she continues to do it.  It does not make sense to put it back in the drawer just to have her remove it again!

Daisy Can Do This All Day Long!


I found this on Facebook.  It was touching to me and I thought others might identify with it. Christopher Walken shares what it is like to lose a loved one:






I am stopping my blog. I don't know if I will pick it back up or not. I'm fine, it is just that I would like to do other things.  I hope you are well and I wish you the best.   Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment