Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Unforgiveable Sin


So I made an unforgivable sin last week by stating we were at Oregon State University when we were at the University of Oregon.  Not only did Jeff and Stephanie,  Cassadie's parents, but my friend Evelyn Elliott who went to Oregon State University point this out to me. They are major rivals.  So Cassadie is at the University of Oregon and that is where we went. 

The other problem I had with that blog is my pictures didn't come through.  So here they are.

Meghan and Cassadie on Halloween in front of her sorority

The Oregon Ducks vs Stanford.  45 to 16- yeah!


Cassadie and Meghan in the Pioneer Cemetery on  Campus


Meghan is Miley Cyrus and Cassadie is a beautiful alien. 

Meghan is taking acting classes at The Groundlings. She gets wonderful reports from teachers. 

Cassadie is majoring in Journalism. She is also getting good feedback from her teachers. She graduates this year. 

So I told you i had a stye.  By the time of my Red Hat dinner, it had gone way down so I felt I could do this.  We met at Mama Tosca an upscale Italian restaurant in town.  We got to use the private room which was pleasant, except that when the door opened a very cool breeze came through.  I know I didn't care for that.  I love escargot, so I ordered that and I ordered the chicken piccata.  I felt the escargot's primary taste was lemon.  I did't notice the garlic.  I love garlic so this was a disappointment.  The chicken piccata had a small pasta side with marinara sauce on it and steamed vegetables.  The chicken piccata didn't have enough sauce and the pasta and steamed veggies were blah.  So next time I go there, I will not order these.  As always, I absolutely love meeting these gals. They have become an important part of my life. And we do talk about taboo subjects. 

The day after this, I had a sore throat and I felt a cold coming on.  I feel feverish and decide I really had to stay home.  I had no energy to do anything and pretty much laid in bed or watched tv.

The thing that happened this week is that my Uverse went down for a third time.  This affects other things too, but I will discuss that next week.  So I tried to call the first technician and a girl answered the phone and said I had the wrong number.  The disability number was not for disability.  It was a number for work on a cell phone.  So I just called ATT again and they walked me though disconnecting the modem and removing the battery which got it all going.  I had another issue so they sent a technician again.  Though it is working, there are still problems.  And Saturday it stopped again.  This time I just did what I was told to do over the phone and it worked again.  But, I don't think I should have to do this so often.  Why is this happening?  I'll be talking to them this next week and we will see.  I'm disappointed in Uverse.  The technicians seem okay but if the system doesn't work right,  this is not okay to me.  I am considering changing provider, but it would be a real hassle, so I'd rather work it out.

I didn't go to my art classes this week.  I didn't want them to get what I had.  But, it was disappointing to miss because there was a drawing class after the water color class on drawing a sunflower.  The assignment that I mentioned last time was to take a drawing we did and make a watercolor painting of it.  So the only bit I have done was laying contact paper where I don't want color yet and a dim outline.

This is the original photo I took, 2 years after Paul's death while in Costa Rica with a friend then, Barbara Rodriguez. 

So with advice from my art teacher, Carol Bradshaw, I moved things slightly. And, I imagine Paul sitting there but Paul's children think that a Corona should be visible. Paul had a slightly balding area at the crown of his head. I think I should put that in. 

That is contact paper for the umbrella. I need to line it with masking fluid and use the fluid to draw the chairs and table. I also need to do contact for the ball. 

I didn't go to Occupyipnal Therapy because of not feeling well. I should do better this next week. 

That's it for the week. I'll see you next Sunday.       Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment