Sunday, November 16, 2014

Back to some art, Cute Conner

I did go to Occupational Therapy since it was the last scheduled session and I missed last week because I was really sick.  Well, I still wasn't well.  I was coughing and my eyes were continually watering. I told them and suggested they use alcohol wipes on things I touched. My session was very short and when I got home, I crawled in bed. I did receive the approval to have six more weeks of Occupational Therapy, two times a week.

I also went in for an infusion of Herceptin on Friday.  I had nothing scheduled after and was able to go home and take a nap.

I finished Gone Girl and found it very depressing. I really don't want to be reminded how hateful people can be to each other and how a victim could go along with it.  Though this was an extreme, people do this. Creepy!

I did see my friend Janet on Thursday. I started to gain some energy on Tuesday.  I’m still clearing out my sinuses and hacking, but it is moving, I’m on the mend.  This has been a long time!

I did go to an art session at Art for Healing lead by Norma Neil.  She had a vase of Day Lilies.  First we did a picture just using charcoal, then we used the pastels and tried it again.  That dark area in the charcoal was my attempt to do the cellophane wrapping.  I have another class with her on Thursday.  I'm to bring fruit to draw, but I get to take it home to eat.



Day Lilys in Charcoal

Day Lilies in Pastel





So my television, computer and phone are working and it hasn’t gone down again.  It had also affected my alarm system and more had to be done to keep it up and running.  Very tiresome when you think you have done what you could to protect yourself and find out you were not protected.

Wonderful short video on difference between empathy and sympathy. Those of us really hurting can relate to this.


Here is an article on Six Steps to Rise Above Your Fear of Dying. It has been through doing this that I have been doing well.   I would say that this is what I did intuitively.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6125288

Meagan, my grandson Billy's wife and her mother Dainette drove Conner to Texas to meet the other side of the family.  All reports are that it went very well.  Billy flew back to join them, so they all got to be together.  I'm very happy for them.


Meagan and her mom Dainette


Johnny Ray and his grandson Conner



Conner with his daddy Billy.  Brrrr!

That's all for this week.  I'm tired and I'm going to do nothing right now.  See you next Sunday.        Rachel






No comments:

Post a Comment