Sunday, November 2, 2014

University of Oregon and the Oregon vs Stanford Game

 

I had Occupational Therapy (OT)  on Monday.  I am coming along.  I saw Dr. Wong soon after this and he had asked me to hold up my arms as if I was pushing against a wall. My right wrist bends about half as much as my left (thank goodness I'm left handed). He ordered six more weeks, two times a week of OT.  I'm glad because I know I'll improve more.  I had another OT visit after that and told Linda about the order for the OT. She said "we need Kaiser to approve it".  I think they will. 

Art class was interesting. We did a snow man in a dark sky with lots of stars (spattered paint) using contact paper to cover the snowman and masking liquid to cover the edge so the paint couldn't seep under.  Then she asked us to pick one of our nature drawings to do in watercolor.
I picked the drawing I did of the photograph I took of a beach in Costa Rica. I modified the drawing some and I imagine my husband Paul on the chaise. Family says I need to put a Corona on the table (ha!) and I need to make his hair a little thin in the back. I do image Paul sitting there, though he died a couple of years before I did this trip. 



So now I'll do this picture in watercolor. What I've done so far is to use Contact paper for the umbrella. Carol Bradshaw wants me to use a masking pen for the chairs and table. Also need contact paper for the ball. 

Meghan turned 19 the day before we left


This is Cassadie and Meghan in the cemetery on campus Halloween night. 



This is the girls in costume that evening Meghan as Miley Cyrus and Cassadie as an alien (a beautiful one!)



This is just before we walked to the stadium.   Me, Jeff, Meghan, Cassadie and Stephanie 

Conner looking great and happy!


And a very short video of Conner:

Great trip to Oregon State University with Jeff, Stephanie and Meghan to see Cassadie, her sorority, the campus and the Ducks vs. Stanford game. It rained much of the way up and spent the first night with Pat, Stephanie's mom in Sacramento. About eight hours driving from there. Stephanie found a small house to rent for two nights. Love it!  Had German food first night.  No rain in Eugene!  We had breakfast at Glenwood, a popular place here, then went to a Duck store.  I already bought what Duck items I wanted to wear over the Internet.  No umbrellas in the stadium. There was only a 30% chance of rain, but it did rain some and we all left raincoats and ponchos in the car. Oregon beat Stanford 45 to 16. Sold out seats, over 58,000 people there who went nuts. Stanford won the last three, so this was payback. 

Cassadie came back to the house we rented so it was a family thing.  

I developed a cold sore just before going on this trip and then my right eye was irritating me by game day, I had developed a stye.  I figure if I avoid touching it, I'll have less problems with it. Overcast and a little cool, but I was comfortable because of what I wore. 

Today Sunday , we will drive back to Sacramento which is about eight hours of driving. So I will end here and see you all next Sunday.  Thanks for reading.     Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment